New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
savella
34 Replies
FibroInParadise - May 31

Pikespeak - thanks so much for not being offended by my question! I was really hoping you wouldn't take it in a bad way :)

I'm going to be asking my doctor about savella when I go in a week from today. I think my issue is that even though I'm 20+ lbs heavier than I'd like to be / I'm not clinically obese and therefore the docs dont see it as a priority.

Thanks so much for your help. :).

FIP

Pikespeak - May 31

Hi FIP!

One more thing about Lyrica....my cholesterol shot up to 239. They put me on Lipitor that caused me to have severe muscle pain (bad, bad stuff!). Last cholesterol check since changing to Savella: 219. I expect it to be under 200 before long!

FibroInParadise - May 31

Thank you Pikespeak!

I just found out that Savella is available in my area so I will go to my appt armed with that knowledge as well.

I've stopped taking the lyrica as I'm too afraid of all the stories about weight gain. My appt is a week today. I'd rather be how I was before for another week than taking 150mg of lyrica.

I think maybe I need help learning how to adequately articulate my weight concerns to doctors - they always tend to simply write it off as my metabolism slowing, but should that process have started when I was just 19?

Pikespeak - June 1

Hi FIP. Here's something I learned from Dr. Adkins (Adkin's Diet): Even if your thyroid test is normal, you may need Synthroid to boost your metabolism. I took my temp for a week or two before my doctor's appt. It usually reads at 97.4, which is low (98.6 is normal). My doc understood, as he has a low temp also! So I take the lowest dose of Synthroid each morning (one pill). You have time to look into this before your next appt. Let us know how it goes!

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
Ask a Question