New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  

Firlaith's Profile

About Firlaith

I am happily married to my husband, who I met in a theater class at college. We have been together for the past 21 years. We have been married for 18 of those years. I have three beautiful young ladies as my children. I am very proud of my girls. The great thing about them is they like to work in the theater as much as I and my husband. Katie our oldest is into theatrical lighting for stage and concerts. She has a great artistic eye for color and design. Gwen my middle daughter tends to be a drama queen. So she is our actress. I think for her acting actually helps. Ana my youngest she wants to follow mom and be a director. She loves it when we sit and work on anglicizing characters. Myself I have a double major first in communication arts with an emphasis in theater. My second is in the field of biblical history. Never had time to back and get a masters the wanted me to be a mom. Someday I’ll get my masters. In fact I never got to walk graduation I was in the hospital having my oldest. I also had to step away from teaching for a while to deal with my life for awhile. It has been 4 years since I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Fibromyalgia is a medical disorder characterized by chronic widespread pain and allodynia, a heightened and painful response to pressure. Fibromyalgia symptoms are not restricted to pain, leading to the use of the alternative term fibromyalgia syndrome for the condition. Other symptoms include debilitating fatigue, sleep disturbance, and joint stiffness. Some patients may also report difficulty swallowing, and bowel and bladder abnormalities, numbness and tingling, and cognitive dysfunction. Fibromyalgia is frequently comorbidwith psychiatric conditions such as depression and anxiety and stress-related disorders such as posttraumatic stress disorder. Not all people with fibromyalgia experience all associated symptoms. Fibromyalgia is estimated to affect 2–4% of the population, with a female to male incidence ratio of approximately 9:1. This might be a short definition because this is such a complex and misunderstood illness, but this was shortest definition I could find. Dealing with even two of these symptoms can be debilitating but most people deal with more that two. The hard thing to know also about this illness is children can also get fibro. My middle daughter was only 15 years old when she was diagnosed. The hard thing about hearing told that was what she had was know that most people get it past down to them by there mothers. What gift to give my daughter. But God is helping both through with our symptoms she was can a close to normal life. I have been able to start to really control my symptoms. The issue that is very frustrating to people with fibromyalgia is we look so health. Because of that people think we are ok or just making something up. Please if you know someone with fibro please be supportive and encouraging. Ok, I believe I’m done standing on my soap box. So theater is very much in my blood, my husband’s and all of our daughters. I have also been a musician for 21 years with sing, trumpet and other brass interments, drum piano, guitar. I have acted for most of my younger years. I have also have written two plays and a Christmas musical. Right now I have been involved in writing homeschooling curriculum for other homeschooling parents. Some days when I am in LOTS of pain I fall back on my music and sit to analysis songs or symphonies. I also just like to sis and analysis characters, plays and musical. Anything that will take my mind off of the pain I deal with daily. The last important thing in my life is I’m a Christian. Now let me have you understand I am a theater director who is a Christian not a Christian director. You will see in my post and other enters that I will be posting on my Theater blog and even here om my facebook page. The life I have lived and the life I have now is proof that there is a God and he let us have the best gift in our lives, His Son who saved us.

Additional Information
Birthday
9/29/196

City
San Diego

Country
United States

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?